Awesome green lantern fight scene.
♛ Independent Laira Omoto RP blog ♛
- Pre-Nu52; Comic canon until post Rage of the Red Lanterns
- Extended background drawing from DCAU Green Lantern: Emerald Knights
- Single ship; multiverse
- One-line chats, paras, or novellas; prefers paras or novellas
- Primarily SFW; any questionable content is tagged appropriately
- 2+ years roleplaying experience
- Mun and Muse are both 21+ years of age
- Crossover friendly
- OC friendly, though with some stipulations
- AU friendly with regular partners
- Skype available upon request for those I interact with regularly
Oh yeah. Laira’s death was completely necessary to enhance Hal Jordan’s “manpain” so he could become a Red Lantern for about five seconds. Totally necessary.
I’m not going to even lie here. I stopped taking this ask seriously after I read the word necessary.
Hal Jordan “needing” to become a Red Lantern doesn’t lessen Laira’s worth as a character or excuse the treatment that she was given in the comics. I’m willing to bet money that if one of the other Earth Lanterns had been put in Laira’s place, the grand majority of the fandom would have been calling that bullshit.
But, you know, since Laira was a more minor character, her death was a “necessity”.
RAGE: A Red Lantern Laira Omoto Fan Mix
Lady Green Lanterns are the best, but they are heavily endangered. Keep them safe from retcons and pointless deaths!
(By the way, guys, please don’t repost this or any cut out bits of this anywhere without a link back. My Green Lantern stuff is getting stolen and posted up on places like Facebook a lot more than any of my other junk for some reason. I’m flattered anyone likes it, but a link back is all I ask for!)
Why has there never been fanart of Laira as a Jedi Knight? I want it.
This is what plotting AUs with my RP partner gets me.
To get a dream of life again
A little vision of the start and the end